Launched in November 2006, Latin American Cultural Week (LACW) is a New York City-wide annual festival,
showcasing the richness and variety of the cultures of Latin America, the Caribbean and Spain.
Partnering with organizations and artists from around the world, LACW is presented throughout the city’s five boroughs, and its goal is to present the highest quality art and artists to the broadest cross-section of the community. LACW provides a platform for increased visibility and recognition of Latin American, Caribbean and Spanish artistry and encourages people of all ethnic backgrounds to respect, recognize and be enriched by the unique talents and treasures that every culture has to offer in the areas of music, dance, visual, performing arts, film, literature and theatre.
The 17th Annual Latin American Cultural Week in NYC
will take place November 12 – 20, 2022
(Pan American Musical Arts Research)
FIRST OPEN CALL FOR YOUNG ARTISTS
(Latin American Cultural Week – November 12 to 20, 2022)
Pan American Musical Art Research, Inc. (PAMAR), a nonprofit organization, continues its goal of promoting the beauty, exuberance, and variety of the diverse cultures and influences found in the countries of the Americas. Founded in 1984 in New York City by Uruguayan pianist Polly Ferman, PAMAR has taken significant steps to establish itself as a center for artistic resources. With the vision of keeping the Latin culture alive, PAMAR seeks to encourage new generations in the development of art in order to pass on this rich heritage and motivate new ideas, for present and future generations; and for that reason this call been created.
BASES OF THE CALL
Areas: Music and Dance
Registration date: Send pre-recorded artistic material in MP4 format video no later than September 30, 2022 to email@example.com. Participation in the call is free.
Schedule / Dates: Once selected and participants notified, the pieces that will be part of the virtual repertoire of the week will be presented at times to be established by PAMAR’s virtual channels and publicized by the respective digital and physical media; between November 13 and 19, 2022.
- Individual or group participations (orchestras or dance companies) are accepted, whose members are under 20 years of age at the date of registration, residing in any country in the world.
- The duration of the material will be between 30 to 45 minutes in MP4 format sent to the mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org with the registration form.
- PAMAR criteria for materials sent:
- It must not infringe any intellectual, industrial, image or any other type of third-party property rights,
- Must not be defamatory or libelous, offensive, sexually explicit, insulting, disparaging or inappropriate in any other way,
- It must not include intimate, confidential or secret personal information, or personal data,
- It should be suitable for people of any age.
- Selected projects will be creditors of economic recognition and will need to have access to a bank account or payment system originating in the United States to process said procedure.
- The selected participants must have an account on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube during the event period and be part of the broadcast using #pamar_lacw.
- Likewise, those who are not selected and at the discretion of PAMAR will enjoy the dissemination of their material through social networks in order to promote the largest number of artists.
PAMAR reserves the right to make changes to these rules and use the selected material for the promotion of the organization and/or event in non-lucrative situations.
PAMAR will reject any request for participation that does not meet the conditions established in the aforementioned bases.